1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Patient Safety Commissioner proposal - First Do No Harm IMMDSReview, 2020, Cumberlege et al

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by dratalanta, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:bookworm::bookworm:

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The mental health stigma thing is a long running straw man argument. The real issue is about the dangers of being treated for the wrong illness.

3. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Would it be worth copying your emails to Ken Stein at NIHR, after his comments on Cochrane at the Virtually Cochrane conference earlier this year.

4. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was very pleased to hear Lady Cumberlege questioning Lord Kamall in the HoL about the Pause by NICE. She would be an excellent ally for PwME after her important work on the IM&MD safety review (/Cumberlege Report).

I am sure she must already have quite a lot of knowledge about ME because I recently found information from the Invest in ME website that showed she worked alongside Lady Mar in 2006-7

eg http://www.investinme.org/Documents/PDFdocuments/Gibson Inquiry MEInquiry Report.pdf

@Caroline Struthers
    I see no reason why you shouldn’t ask for a response to your earlier letter - did the reply ‘go astray in the post’? (!) - and provide any appropriate up-to-date information at the same time. :whistle:

5. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I did think it had filtered through in Lady Cumberlege's questions to the new health Minister.

Yes, developing a relationship with the APPG, and indeed Lady Cumberlege, sounds like a good idea --- would take someone with diplomacy ++++ so I'll leave it to others!

@It's M.E. Linda