1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

OMF/Ron Davis Research Update May 2018

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Indigophoton, May 22, 2018.

1. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't see why they have to.
    Most other diseases can be diagnosed seperatly, so there should be no confusion.

2. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I would also volunteer to go through the testing because I am a long term (27yr) patient with no other health issues that experiences delayed PEM.

3. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don’t think anyone here would not volunteer...

4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Of course. My point was that there are pts with M.E who have other underlying health conditions and some of us don't, so it would be interesting to see if there are differences or similarities with other health conditions or whether it's specific to M.E.

5. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just some speculation...

If enough people with ME are tested, eventually someone who tested positive will go into remission. If they then tested negative, it would correlate the test to the symptoms. If the test was still positive, however, it might suggest that the nanoneedle is detecting some underlying problem associated with the development of ME symptoms, but not the full symptom mechanism itself. It might turn out to be a way to screen not only for ME, but for the risk of developing ME.

Alternatively, you could screen people in remission right now. A positive test might support the idea of a risk factor insufficient to produce symptoms. A negative test might not tell you much without a prior positive test, unless, sadly, the illness returned and the test then turned positive.

TiredSam, Inara, MarcNotMark and 3 others like this.
  6. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think its an amazing concept, i just want it tested against other diseases to be sure its specific enough for ME/CFS.

Indeed, this would be a great thing to do
    Did you ever find out what condition you actually have?

Fair enough, i have given some thought to my objection, MS went from psychosomatic to biological because of the CT scan, it was never tested against other diseases, and many diseases show CT abnormalities. Sometimes a watershed moment is whats needed, but in our case we have a team of malicious reality deniers determined to prevent science working against us, they are organized, funded and have apologists who help them commit fraud. So if this test were commercialized and it turns out other diseases show false positive it may actually backfire.
    Perhaps knowing the identity of the molecule causing the block will make the difference, if we can identify its origin we would have much stronger proof and it may lead to a treatment/cure.

Thats fair enough but the procedure needs to be worked out, if people with XYZ disease also show positive on this test but that disease has another qualifier then it becomes a two step test, nanoneedle + additional qualifier. Both show positive you have XYZ, nanoneedle only then you have ME/CFS.

Indeed, i also want to be tested by the nanoneedle. I guess my concern is that other conditions need to be ruled out to make sure this is specific enough. Also is it just positive/negative or is there degrees, do mild patients show less of a block then severe and is moderate in the middle?
    In the end money, experts and time are the problem here, if Dr Davis had solid funding and more scientists they could test this on all the common diseases, rule them out and release the nanoneedle with a high degree of confidence.

Skycloud and Wonko like this.
  7. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)