NVCBR returns to original name WPI (Whittemore Peterson Institute)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by MeSci, Jan 14, 2019.

1. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know if this is important or not:

Source: Whittemore Peterson Institute

Date: September 25, 2018

January 10, 2019

URL: http://nvcbr.org/2018/09/25/nvcbr-latest-news/

http://www.wpinstitute.org/2018/09/25/nvcbr-latest-news/

NVCBR Latest News
    -----------------

We are pleased to announce that Nevada Center for Biomedical Research ('NVCBR') has achieved a critical milestone. The Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents approved a new contract resulting in the integration of NVCBR's basic research program and its associated research assets into the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine's expert research community. This major move will provide greater visibility for ME/CFS research as it becomes an integral part of the University's research efforts.

All other key activities including patient outreach, community education, and advocacy will continue through our organization. We will remain in our current office area on the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine campus within the medical office building of the Center for Molecular Medicine ('CMM'). We will continue to provide grant support in the form of equipment and office space at this location so that private medical practices can continue to serve patients impacted by ME/CFS and similar diseases.

Given that our organization will no longer be responsible for the basic research program, we have chosen to return to our original name, Whittemore Peterson Institute, a name honoring an impacted family member and the doctor who diagnosed and treated her for many years.

Watch for more announcements about a special project coming to the institute.

--------
    (c) 2018/2019 WPI

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019