1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Not important) Irish court case involving an individual with chronic fatigue after Legionnaires' disease

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Dolphin, Feb 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've heard of postinfectious (fatigue) syndromes after a lot of infectious conditions, but I don't recall hearing of Legionnaires' disease.

Unfortunately this article does not give much information on symptoms and impairments now, but perhaps more information will come out in the coming days

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Co...Kerry-3f146d5d-e36a-435d-8f18-a669fb0199a7-ds

2. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's be really dangerous, so I'm not at all surprised it can be an ME trigger. There was an outbreak of it some years ago where I used to live, caused by the aerosols spraying out of badly-maintained air conditioning units and falling onto passers-by. One old fella died of it; it took a long time to find the source of the infection, which meant quite a number of people became ill.

Nowadays people are much more aware of it, and there are tighter procedures for designing and maintaining water storage systems that can produce aerosols.

Poor woman, though – I hope she manages to obtain a settlement after such a catastrophic (and avoidable) health and safety failure.

MEMarge, Ebb Tide, Trish and 2 others like this.