1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 4th January 2021 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

new type of pain

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by christina carroll, Mar 4, 2018.

1. christina carroll

christina carroll New Member

Hi it is my first time posting on this forum. I have had ME since 2013. My symptoms are muscle fatigue, muscle pain and terrible gut problems including bloating. As well I get PEM if I over exerted myself. On Friday morning I woke up with a new type of pain I have never had before. i usually have muscle pain but never this severe. This new pain is located only around the hips and top of legs. It is so bad I cant turn over in bed and standing is impossible. I am trapped in bed. Moving causes jolts of electric pain through my hips and thighs. I also now have a really bad bloated stomach as well. Recently I had a test for SIBO and had to take lactulose which made my stomach bloat at the time. I am now wondering if this is connected to this pain.

MeSci, Indigophoton, TiredSam and 7 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Hi @christina caroll, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you are in such awful pain. It sounds to me like you should see a doctor - I hope you can find a way to manage that - can you get a home visit? If not, at least a telephone consultation with your GP or call 111 for advice.

I obviously can't offer you practical help, but I can at least offer sympathy and send you some virtual hugs.
    :hug::hug::hug:

MEMarge, MeSci, Indigophoton and 5 others like this.
  3. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hello and welcome ! I agree, you should really see a doctor as soon as possible.

Let us know how it goes. Any serious new symptom should be discussed with your doc.