1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nederlands Dans Theater with video dedicated ME-patients everywhere

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, May 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This was stunning!!

Nederlands Dans Theater (NDT) on Facebook:

Anil van der Zee is a former professional (ballet) dancer, who suffers from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME). ME is a debilitating neuroimmune disease affecting 17 million children and adults worldwide. NDT supports Anil’s mission to raise awareness for ME through performance art.

NDT 2 dancer Tess Voelker created this wonderful video on the music from the ME film ‘Unrest’, together with dancers Boston Gallacher, Rachel McNamee and Aya Misaki.

Read more about Anil’s mission and the disease on http://anilvanderzee.com/timeforunrest

[​IMG]➡️ May 12: ME Awareness Day!

Grigor, Allele, MarcNotMark and 22 others like this.
  2. Helen

Helen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So beautiful. Thanks to everyone involved.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  3. JohnM

JohnM Established Member (Voting Rights)

Indeed .. many thanks to NDT and Anil (@Grigor if memory serves?), and brought back some happy memories. I was fortunate enough to see an NDT2 live performance in April 2016 in Bradford, UK - was one awesome evening of dance, and link to some trailers of the performance can be found here for anyone interested.

No idea how I made it there and back, and took over a week to recover, but so worth the effort; my alternative 'therapy' of choice for sure, so much better than CBT/GET. I don't think I stopped smiling throughout the time it took me to get back to a baseline, and despite the 'world of pain' I was in? :laugh:

By hook or by crook (and as a birthday treat to myself), I'll be headed on over to Leeds in June to see Richard Chappell Dance | At the end we begin. Absolutely no idea how I'll make it there and back, given I can hardly look after myself of late, but will cross that bridge nearer the day. Been way too long since I last saw some live contemporary dance.

So if there is anyone here on the forum, who enjoys dance, and is able to get to Leeds on the night, do feel free to PM me, would be great to meet up.

Wishing everyone improved health and every happiness. John :)

Grigor, Allele, Missense and 9 others like this.
  4. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow. That was amazing! Thank you @Grigor & everyone involved.

Allele, oldtimer, Joh and 4 others like this.
  5. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Beautiful and very moving!

Allele, oldtimer, Joh and 5 others like this.
  6. MarcNotMark

MarcNotMark Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Another video, this one is by "Introdans", dedicated to Anil / @Grigor

Google Translated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdlgNcEaERs

7. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks I had no idea you guys posted this here. NDT is huge Especially as a dancer. I'm extremely thankful they helped out.

Allele, Esther12, JohnM and 5 others like this.