1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving is healthy? About the harmful consequences of exertion with M.E. and the role of the physio-therapist

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Solstice, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

preface
    Milk is good for each; Every once in a day; Bread, there's something in there; Chicken, the tastiest piece of meat; Peanut butter, who has not grown big; Exercise is healthy ...
    Who has become "not big" with the above slogans?
    In the meantime it is clear that many people walk around with intolerances and / or allergies against "everyday" products such as milk, egg, gluten, nuts etc. etc. Until recently this was not believed.
    Can 'intolerance' exist against 'everyday' movement (effort?). Can this even be harmful? And for whom? How can this be investigated and diagnosed? Is there an optimum (no minimum) for different patients with a chronic disease? And for ME / CFS patients?

The international literature usually refers to CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and sometimes to ME / CFS (ME / CFS).
    However, due to the distinction between ME and CFS on the basis of the new international consensus document, we argue for the name ME (see also our previous article: http://www.psychfysio.nl/Nieuws/6_01_1.html).

Myalgic encephalomyelitis
    ME, which is also referred to in the literature as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), is a serious, complex disease in which a fundamental disruption of the central nervous system, immune and endocrine system occurs. In addition, there are often gastrointestinal problems and always disorders in the energy supply (often also cardiovascular). Chronic fatigue is no longer seen as a head complaint.

*Edited in accordance with forumrules*

https://www.psychfysio.nl/6_05_2/

Entire article in the link above, google translate is your friend.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Seemingly supportive article on a dutch physio-site, haven't read through it all yet. Give their website some traffic if you like.

Melanie, Invisible Woman and Amw66 like this.