1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorized blind tilt for venetian blinds

Discussion in 'Home adaptations, mobility and personal care' started by Haveyoutriedyoga, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Haveyoutriedyoga

Haveyoutriedyoga Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Has anybody used a motorized blind tilt?

I have a venetian blind in my bedroom, in about a month the sun will rise earlier than I want to wake up and it will beam onto me, which is lovely but not at 6am. I rely on sunlight to wake me up (I do have a lumie, it's great but not quite like the sun). Blind tilts are upwards of £60 so I'd like to have some confidence before I buy one.

2. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Intriguing, i didnt even know such things existed & they are the reason i dont have venetian blinds in bedroom - same issue as yourself

Peter Trewhitt and alktipping like this.
  3. Evergreen

Evergreen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I read this as a tilt test (for orthostatic intolerance) that they had somehow managed to blind, where the person wouldn't know if they were having a real tilt test or not!

Really good luck with the blind. I'm not familiar with that system, but I do have motorised blinds (roller and cellular) and the ease of operation is incredible.

4. Haveyoutriedyoga

Lol!

I've studied reviews and ordered one, will report back.

alktipping, Starlight, JemPD and 3 others like this.
  5. Evergreen

Evergreen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:emoji_fingers_crossed:

Peter Trewhitt and Kitty like this.
  6. Haveyoutriedyoga

It works, I like it, only thing someone might need to consider is that it makes a whirring noise when it works, made me wake up with a bit of a start this morning! I think I'll get user to it and not notice it but if you have a lot of sound sensitivity it might be an issue.

7. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Me too.

Evergreen and alktipping like this.