1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of confusion during certain movements

Discussion in 'Neurological/cognitive/vision' started by Hoopoe, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I experience moments of confusion that seem to occur in certain situations. I've observed them while following instructions for postural rehab exercises, while doing exercises lying own at home, and during a medical examination where I was asked to do certain movements.

I'm supposed to move a part of the body from position A to position B, but suddenly I'm confused about the current position of that body part, and about how to move it as intended. So I have to stop and need a few moments to reorient myself.

This also seems to have something to do with poor blow flow to the brain because it feels similar. My guess is that during these exercises, there can be poor blood flow into the brain, and it can cause these sort of problems with knowing the position of my body. Exhaustion also seems to play a role, like with most symptoms there needs to be some exertion to make them appear or become significant.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    MeSci, shak8, Starlight and 5 others like this.
  2. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting

3. Tia

Tia Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Autism can cause difficulties with proprioception. Are you autistic?

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  4. CRG

CRG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Positional mememory ? I'm not sure I'd seperate the short term positional disassasciations I experience from the longer term memory lapses of the "oh crap where am I" type. Probably multiple interplays between proprioception and difrerent layers of memory caused by who knows what ???

Ash, alktipping, obeat and 1 other person like this.