1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Male ME/CFS Patient Experiences of the Healthcare System

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Adrian, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Adrian

Adrian Administrator Staff Member

I had an email from a student at UCL carrying out some research into male patients experiences of healthcare systems. She is looing for volunteers to talk to.

The research is currently being advertised on Action for Me as well, at the following link (https://www.actionforme.org.uk/rese...arch-work/research-you-can-get-involved-with/) with the following details:

Male ME/CFS Patient Experiences of the Healthcare System

Details of the project: This research is exploring how social stigma of chronic illness, public focus on female ME/CFS sufferers, and gender constructs have impacted the healthcare experiences of males with ME/CFS. The lack of research of ME/CFS in men can lead to failure of diagnosis, management, and support for sufferers. Outcomes of this project aim to address health policy and medical training to improve patient experiences of this very debilitating condition.

What's involved: If you choose to participate, we will conduct an interview online, led by you, about your experiences with ME/CFS and with healthcare practitioners.

Participant eligibility criteria: Men who have once received a diagnosis of ME/CFS, and are not currently enrolled in other clinical trials, studies, or care.

Ethical approval: Approval has been granted by the UCL ethics committee. ID: SHSAnth-2324-025-1.

Contact details: Please email rosaline.koning.22@ucl.ac.uk with any further questions about the project and eligibility if you are interested in taking part.

Deadline for taking part: 1st of March, 2024

I have also attached an infographic that was created for the study.

Attached Files:

Robert 1973, Wits_End, EzzieD and 6 others like this.