1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Loooong Headaches

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by InfiniteRubix, Feb 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

My ME started with a 6-week headache. Then for the first 3-4 years I would get 2-day headaches if I overdid things (or longer if I continued to overdo things).

I didn't know that. I used to take ibuprofen for my headaches, not because it did any good, but because it felt like I was doing something.

alktipping and Invisible Woman like this.
  2. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Luckily, it didn't take too long to reverse it. A week or two of daily headaches and then they tapered off.

Long enough when you're still suffering though!

alktipping and TiredSam like this.
  3. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

there are many medications whose side effects include headaches weirdly enough I was prescribed cocodamol for headaches the rebound headaches from that was worse than the original headache .

4. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Same here. Panadol in my first 2 years of severe ME caused a rebound headache that was even worse the next day as well. Interesting that you have experienced the same thing. This was nearly 20 years ago though, I can take Panadol now for headache and am alright next day.

My headache changed a bit a couple of years ago and I experiencing vomiting with it, so I now take a diclofenac tablet and find it helps a lot.

alktipping and Invisible Woman like this.