1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Living with chronic fatigue syndrome: ‘I used to climb mountains, now I need a stair lift because of ME’

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by CRG, Dec 10, 2022.

1. CRG

CRG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Living with chronic fatigue syndrome: ‘I used to climb mountains, now I need a stair lift because of ME’

I was a healthy 14-year-old in Bristol, having just been to my first gig with friends, exploring my independence and new found freedoms. I’d go hiking all day, with large rucksacks full of camping gear, soaking up the outdoors.

And then one day I felt unwell, it was the last day of term before Easter, and I had a maths exam I didn’t want to miss, so I went into school for the morning.

When I got home, I went straight up to bed, and didn’t leave it again for almost a month. Days were a blur of diarrhoea and vomiting, fainting, 40 degree fevers, sore throats, sweats, shaking and unbelievable exhaustion.

More at link: https://inews.co.uk/news/health/liv...yndrome-me-climb-mountains-stair-lift-2019387

RedFox, Ariel, AliceLily and 12 others like this.