1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of cash forces charity to cut services for young people with ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"
    A charity has been forced to cut its services for hundreds of young people - many of whom are housebound.

ME North East says it has been unable to find the cash it needs and is desperately seeking new funding so it can continue to offer support to help youngsters stay in education, fight isolation and manage their condition.

ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis), also known as chronic fatigue syndrome, is a debilitating disease which can leave sufferers unable to perform simple tasks or even communicate with their loved ones. There is no known cure.

The charity supports people with the condition as well as their families, covering a vast stretch from the Scottish Borders to North Yorkshire and Cumbria."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/lack-funding-forces-charity-cut-15020025

2. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

How Jenni, 19, fought back from chronic fatigue illness

"
    But she says help from the charity ME North East - which is facing a funding crisis - was crucial.

She said: “Just having someone to talk to through the charity was so important for me to learn, grow and not feel so alone.

"They also helped me go to Redhill – a school for children that can’t do full-time education. Thanks to them, I could go there twice a week and I also had a teacher come to the house."

full article here:
    https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/jenni-19-fought-back-chronic-15449365

Skycloud, Inara, andypants and 4 others like this.