Kings College London - IOPPN (The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience)

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by Sly Saint, Jun 9, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

one bit that might be of interest (see pic) on functional neurological symptoms

full recordings here:
    Full house at 10th edition of IoPPN Research Festival - King's College London (kcl.ac.uk)

(I imagine that Wesselys clownlike intro was rather an embarrassment).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  2. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They say looking back to move forward when what they do is bring the ignorance and outright fraud of the past and relabel it so they can profit .

oldtimer, rvallee, ToneAl and 4 others like this.
  3. ToneAl

ToneAl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Maybe they have emense beliefs and limted knowledge thats all they got. These people never give up even if they are wrong. They will never try anything new or find the real reasons these things are happening

4. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

The best place to start with explaining functional neurological symptoms is to stop prejudicing the whole debate from the start with the unproven assumption of them being 'functional'.

5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I only skimmed thro the presentations to see if there was anything that might be of interest and some of the 'neuroscience' stuff seemed like serious research which is why I find it hard to understand how they ally themselves with the likes of SW. The main thing though I think was the absence of TC and her PPS departments 'research'.