1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jessica Taylor-Bearman: Dear Bug… I Want to Live So Very Much Yet My Body Isn’t Letting Me

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dear Bug… I Want to Live So Very Much Yet My Body Isn’t Letting Me

Jessica Taylor-Bearman

August 1, 2018

http://www.jaytay.co.uk/2018/08/01/dear-bug-i-want-to-live-so-very-much-yet-my-body-isnt-letting-me/

In the past few weeks, I have been dealing with the frustrations of wanting to be able to do more than my body would let me. In fact, that is not strictly true... the M.E. Monster lets me have a taste of what is out there, then whips it away from me like a cruel torturer. There are many examples of this that every M.E. or in fact any chronic health sufferer would understand...the acid infused most irritating symptom ‘payback’, known as PEM (Post Exertional Malaise). It’s a nasty piece of work. Especially so, as it makes you feel for one moment, there has been some sort of progress... then you feel like the proverbial for an unmeasurable amount of time. It all depends on what the M.E. Monster has in store for you. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been out before, this time you are going to pay greatly...

TiredSam, MarcNotMark, JaimeS and 6 others like this.