1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jen Brea - Lavin agency speaker

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"
    THE LAVIN AGENCY is the world’s largest intellectual talent agency, representing leading thinkers for speaking engagements, personal appearances, consulting, and endorsements."

Jen Brea:
    "
    Speech Topics

Overcoming a Misunderstood Illness A Story of Hope, Resilience, and Modern Medicine
    In this talk, Jennifer Brea offers poignant insight into the experience of living with a debilitating (and mostly misunderstood) illness—and spotlights the grit, resilience, and bravery exhibited by the patients fighting for better treatment and higher visibility.

Virtual Communities Using Technology to Form Profound Connections
    In this talk, Jennifer Brea explores the power of technology to generate meaningful virtual communities. At a time when fake news, cyberbullying, and the relentless social media comparison trap have some claiming that the internet is broken, Brea draws from her experience with the ME patient community to illustrate the internet’s more positive — and even life-saving — potential."

http://www.thelavinagency.com/speakers/jennifer-brea

Webdog, Jan, Amw66 and 14 others like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am very pleased that Jen is getting all of this recognition. I just hope that she does not do too much and make herself worse.

Barry, Amw66 and Keela Too like this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I had assumed this was simply a commercial agency whose job is to recruit and supply speakers for events. Jen, as someone who has made a successful documentary film and well received TED talk, would be someone they would be happy to have on their books.

Jan and Barry like this.
  4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)