Ivermectin - does it worsen symptoms?

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by Snow Leopard, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hi, firstly this is not a treatment suggestion, in fact it is the opposite - a suggestion for caution.

Mechanistically, I expect ivermectin to worsen fatigue in an acute sense, due to it's effects on P2X receptors.

But does it? Of those people who have tried it for whatever reason, have you noticed no-effect or a worsening when on Ivermectin?

I don't see much literature besides a junk long-COVID treatment study.

Kitty and Hutan like this.
  2. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I didn’t notice any worsening from ivm—mild improvement to not much of an effect.

Snow Leopard and Kitty like this.
  4. Joan Crawford

Joan Crawford Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I took it probably from memory about 10 to 12 times over 2 to 3 years. My records are in my attic and not accessible to check.

I had reaction to it each time over 8 hours or so. Feeling, as I recall, quite shaky, a bit disorientated, a vibrating feeling inside (really odd and like nothing else). And I had tenderness in my underarm and groin, lymph system I suspect. That's the best I can describe it. After first one I took at bedtime so I'd be asleep/resting during this reaction which lessened each time.

Afterwards, as in several days later I'd feel improved and that would last.

My hands, arms, neck, face etc were noticeably less puffy. I suspect it killed off some kinda parasite. I always took it with an antibiotic. I don't recall ever have raised immune markers for parasite infections.

I've not taken it for 8 years or so now and money of the puffiness, swollen face, neck, arms hands etc has returned.

I have multiple mild immune deficiencies so it is perhaps not unsurprising that I might carry infections that others clear with few or no symptoms of infection. So, it's unlikely that my experiences can be generalised.

Snow Leopard, Kitty and Lilas like this.
  5. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was prescribed it for my non-specific autoimmune disorder/fibromyalgia and took it for three months twenty years ago.

Felt no side effects nor anything at all, no improvement of pain or fatigue.