1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

I've gone nocturnal again :(

Discussion in 'Sleep Disturbance' started by Arnie Pye, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, I always feel at my worst in the mornings. I'm at my best, physically and cognitively, when most people are starting to wind down for the day. So, for example, late afternoon or early evening I can often go to the supermarket and can push a trolley around quite normally and at a healthy walking speed. Unfortunately the burst of physical energy I get at that time doesn't happen every day, varies in intensity, and doesn't last very long - usually an hour would be the most I can expect.

Mentally, I've always found it easiest to think from about 9pm onwards. When I was a student I would do my best work (not my only work) from about that time onwards, often continuing to work until 3am or 4am. I've always struggled with apathy and lack of motivation. My motivation and mood have always been at their peak late in the day. Someone who feels at their best in the morning almost never realises how lucky they are.

2. Rinaldo

Rinaldo New Member

The problem is, when I go to sleep earlier I don’t get that full eight or nine hours; I usually wake up at 5 or 6 AM so I’m still getting the same amount of sleep I would if I was closing my eyes at 1 or 2 AM.I am aware that sleeping regimens need time to kick in with the cycle, but it’s been months now and I have no reprieve. Should I see a doctor? Take medication? Should i try taking medicinal cannabis??

Sucks, man. By like 3 or 4 PM I start dozing off again, and I come home and I just want to take a nap. Lack of energy, which impacts my gym regimen and general welfare. I don’t want to do chores, or work, or even play video games in my down time because staring at the screen tires me out.