1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction to Briggs Protocol for IBD

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Arnie Pye, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For anyone with gut problems, particularly Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD), this may be of interest :

Source and the rest of the article : http://thepowerofpoop.com/briggs-protocol/

A later paragraph...

The author has got his gastroenterologist onboard with the treatment protocol that he (the author) has come up with, presumably because you can't argue with success. And yet I was under the impression that Leaky Gut was still laughed at by many doctors as being "alternative" and therefore not real. Has Leaky Gut become an acceptable and believable condition now, without me noticing?

Agapanthus likes this.
  2. jpcv

jpcv Established Member (Voting Rights)

Yes!

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Guest

This looks like a bunch of nonsense, based on one guy trying everything and doing no research. He's also a big fan of Yasko, with some vague methylation-speak which he doesn't seem to understand, which is a substantial red flag.

TiredSam and Mij like this.
  4. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No, it has not been scientifically validated and since it has been around for at least thirty years that probably means there is nothing much to it. The general idea that ulcerative colitis, Crohn's and irritable bowel syndrome all stem from a similar leaky gut problem is quite clearly wrong.

This is not 'science based'. It is advertising I suspect. Sorry to be negative but I am afraid one has to keep up a constant fight against quacks selling nonsense to everyone.

5. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yup, this is just an advertising site.

TiredSam, Trish and Valentijn like this.
  6. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Valentijn and Trish like this.