1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

International: IACFS/ME - International Association for CFS/ME, IACFSME

Discussion in 'News from organisations' started by Andy, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Code:
    https://twitter.com/TomKindlon/status/1177609828325363713?s=20
    https://twitter.com/user/status/1177609828325363713

2. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Annamaria, Amw66 and DokaGirl like this.
  3. Denise

Denise Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If memory serves me (and sometimes it does not) I believe IACFSME has been very quiet for the past couple of years to members and non-members alike. I don't think there have been any newsletters/President's Letters during that time.

4. Three Chord Monty

Three Chord Monty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Gee, it's in Stony Brook. How convenient for Fred.

Ron and Milo like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From an IACFS/ME email:

2020 IACFS/ME Conference: Call for Abstracts

Dear Members and Colleagues,

The call for research abstracts and workshop proposals is now open! Submission deadline is February 4, 2020. For instructions and submission forms, please click on this link to our conference website.

http://www.cvent.com/d/jhqlcl

The 13th IACFS/ME International Research and Clinical Conference will be held on June 10-13, 2020 at Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY USA. Registration is expected to open in February, 2020.

With best regards,
    Fred

Fred Friedberg, PhD
    President
    IACFS/ME

MEMarge and rvallee like this.
  6. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From an email:

Dear Members and Colleagues,

The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME) - an organization of researchers, clinicians and other interested professionals - invites your research abstract or workshop proposal for possible presentation at our June 2020 international conference, to be held at Stony Brook University on beautiful eastern Long Island, known for its quaint seaside villages, beaches, arts, and cultural events!

Submission deadline is February 4, 2020. For instructions and submission forms, please click on this link to our conference website:

http://www.cvent.com/events/13th-international-iacfs-me-research-and-clinical-conference-advancing-science-and-clinical-care/event-summary-9c9d903b9e9c4ce0825994686b725108.aspx

The 13th IACFS/ME International Research and Clinical Conference will be held on June 10-13, 2020 at Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY USA. Registration is expected to open in late February, 2020.

We especially welcome submissions from early-stage and new investigators as well as people from groups which have been historically under-represented in science. Conference scholarships covering travel, accommodations, and conference registration fees may be available for selected participants!

With best regards,
    Fred

Fred Friedberg, PhD
    President
    IACFS/ME

7. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Maybe I’m being excessively cynical today but has anyone in the whole field achieved anything yet that’s worthy of an awards ceremony at a gala dinner?

Perrier and Ron like this.
  8. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2020 IACFS/ME Conference Deadline for Research Abstract Submission/ Professional Workshop Proposals Extended to 2/ 21/ 2020!

The DEADLINE for research abstract submission/ professional workshop proposals for the 2020 IACFS/ME Conference has been extended to FEBRUARY 21, 2020!

To submit a research abstract/ workshop proposal:
    http://www.cvent.com/events/13th-in...summary-9c9d903b9e9c4ce0825994686b725108.aspx

The United States National Institutes of Health have generously provided funding for several early-stage investigators to attend the meeting. Travel, accommodations, and conference registration fees will be covered. To apply, submit an abstract and mark your interest when submitting on the form. People from underrepresented groups in science are especially encouraged to apply. You do not need to be a US-based researcher to apply.

To learn more about the Conference; which will be held June 10-13, 2020 at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, NY, USA.
    https://iacfsme.memberclicks.net/2020-stony-brook-ny-usa

To attend the meeting, register for the conference in mid-February. More information to follow in the near future.

Please pass this information onto anyone you wish.

Andy, rvallee and MEMarge like this.
  9. RoseE

RoseE Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does anyone know where to find the 2014 IACFSME Primer?

Most MECFS websites seem to expect this link will find it... https://www.iacfsme.org/portals/0/pdf/Primer_Post_2014_conference.pdf but that webpage can't be found.

This page https://www.iacfsme.org/me-cfs-primer-for-clinical-practitioners--2014-revision- on the iacfsme website looks like it should hold the 2014 edition. But unfortunately the link takes you to the 2012 edition https://www.iacfsme.org/assets/docs/PrimerFinal.pdf
    I couldn't find the 2014 one anywhere on their site.

ME/CFS Skeptic likes this.
  10. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Amw66, MEMarge and RoseE like this.
  11. Medfeb

Medfeb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

12. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From an email.

Dear Members, Colleagues, and Supporters,

Due to new restrictions on group gatherings (no more than 10 people) that have been mandated by the governor of New York State, we are canceling the June, 2020 IACFS/ME conference at Stony Brook University. This was a difficult decision given the high level of interest in this conference. We thank everyone for their engagement and abstract/ workshop submissions.

We are now actively working on a re-scheduled conference and will get back you when we have more definitive information.

Best regards,

Fred Friedberg, PhD

Milo, MEMarge, Dakota15 and 5 others like this.
  13. RoseE

RoseE Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MEMarge likes this.
  14. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From an email.

Dear Members, Colleagues and Supporters,

We ask that you complete the online survey below re a possible virtual IACFS/ME conference.

Thank you.
    Fred

Fred Friedberg, PhD
    President
    IACFS/ME
    www.iacfsme.org

https://forms.gle/HQuiQXW7is7h9mgBA

15. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

16. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

https://www.iacfsme.org/55832-2/

"Mark your calendars to join us on August 19-21, 2021 for our International Scientific Conference to be held in easily accessible virtual format. Last year’s first virtual conference was so popular, we are repeating it again this year!

We anticipate an exciting, informative program including:
    • Research presentations
    • Clinical workshops
    • Virtual poster sessions
    • Patient and advocates lecture series

We expect the meeting will run from approximately 10 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT, New York City) to 3 PM EDT (Thursday – Saturday). Please re-visit this page and website for updates. A conference program will be posted on our website by early July.

The conference will focus on the biomedical, public health, and behavioral aspects of ME/CFS and associated comorbidities. A portion of the meeting will also be devoted to COVID-19 and its relevance to ME/CFS research and clinical care.

Attendees at IACFS/ME conferences are primarily biomedical and behavioral professionals, including clinicians, researchers, and educators. People affected by ME/CFS and their supporters are also welcome to attend. IACFS/ME Members received discounted registration fees: considering joining us today for this and other benefits!

For a taste of our meetings, see our 2020 Virtual Conference Summaries and Past Conference Programs."

MEMarge, Fizzlou, ahimsa and 7 others like this.
  17. hope123

hope123 Established Member

Hi, everyone, please consider submitting your research or workshop proposal for the 2021 IACFS/ME conference. The conference will take place online. Registration for the conference itself begins around July.

2021 International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME) Virtual Conference

August 19 - 21, 2021

Submit Your Abstract/ Workshop Proposal now!

Deadline is May 3, 2021, 5:00 PM New York City (USA) time.

Please review the instructions below and take a look at the submission forms. If there are any questions, please complete our Contact Us form. Researchers who are new to the ME/CFS field, early in their career, from outside the United States, and from groups traditionally underrepresented in science are encouraged to submit. For more about the conference, see the 2021 main conference webpage, summaries of our 2020 meeting, or our 2016 program.

Research Abstracts

This section is intended for presentation of original research or research protocols. The latter refer to plans for research that have not yet been carried out. For protocols, Results section should describe what results are expected or may reveal whereas the Conclusion section should relay what the practical impact of the research may be on scientific progress, clinical care, public health policy, medical education, or other areas.

Submitted abstracts will be reviewed. If selected, you will be asked to present a 12-minute talk or to participate in a poster session. Notifications will be sent out in early June.

Submit Abstract

Workshop Proposals

This section is intended for 1-hour workshops aimed at clinicians, researchers, or patients/ caregivers. Please designate the audience. Workshops must address a specific topic in-depth. The format is other wise flexible (e.g. lecture, panel, small group discussion, demonstration) and can be decided by the submitters. Up to 2 people may host one workshop.

Submitted workshops will reviewed and selected. Notifications will be sent out in early June.

Submit Workshop

18. hope123

Hi, everyone, if you are involved with research, please consider submitting your research or workshop proposal for the 2021 IACFS/ME conference.
    The Deadline has been extended to May 17, 2021 at 5 PM New York Time.

See prior post above for submission information or click here for details.

The conference will take place online. Patients, caregivers, and supporters are welcomed to attend. The first day of the meeting is a Patient Conference Day directed at the general public with a variety of speakers discussing relevant topics, followed by 2 days of presentations of original, unpublished research from scientists around the world.

The line-up of speakers/ topics and registration webpage for the conference will be released in July. Watch this thread for future information or visit our main conference webpage later.

cfsandmore, Trish, Andy and 5 others like this.
  19. hope123

[​IMG]

2021 IACFS/ME Virtual Scientific Conference

August 19 - 21, 2021, 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM EDT

Registration is now open for the 2021 IACFS/ME Virtual Conference! Register before August 12, 2021 for the best rates! Registration closes on August 18 at 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (New York City, USA time).

To view the full conference schedule and registration fees,
    please visit the main conference webpage.

Join us on August 19-21, 2021 for our International Scientific Conference to be held in easily accessible virtual format. The meeting will run from 10 AM to 3:30 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time, New York City, Thursday – Saturday). You may use Time and Date to check conference dates/ times in your local area.

The conference will focus on the biomedical, public health, and behavioral aspects of ME/CFS and associated comorbidities. A portion of the meeting will also be devoted to COVID-19 and its relevance to ME/CFS research and clinical care. Attendees at IACFS/ME conferences are primarily biomedical and behavioral professionals, including clinicians, researchers, and educators. People affected by ME/CFS and their supporters are also welcome to attend.

CME credits are available. The meeting will also be recorded so that people unable to attend certain segments may watch the proceedings later at their convenience.

Our exciting, informative program includes:

• Research presentations
    • Clinical workshops
    • Virtual poster sessions
    • Patient/ Public lecture series
    • Solve ME Advocacy Updates - August 20, 3:35 PM - 4:35 PM
    • Kantor & Kantor long-term disability talk - August 19, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

For a further taste of our conference, see 2020 conference summaries.

MSEsperanza, Hutan and Dolphin like this.
  20. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

@hope123, why is the conference so expensive*, given that it is a virtual conference and given
    and given that further sponsorship has been provided by:

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 1.09.31 PM.png

Have any other organisations provided sponsorship?
    It looks as though further sponsors/advertisers are sought.

Will the presentations be circulated for free at some later time?

* $467 for a professional non-IACFSME member down to $150 for students on the early bird rate, and patients who are IACFSME members on the early-bird rate.

Trish and Andy like this.