1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Insights into vaginal bacterial communities and metabolic profiles of chlamydia trachomatis infection: Positioning between eubiosis and dysbiosis

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by AliceLily, Apr 16, 2018.

1. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is where I believe my ME began. I caught a vaginal infection when young (chlamydia trachomatis) I was never the same afterwards. This infection changed the vaginal microbiome and never returned to normal. I suspect the antibiotic pessary could have caused the changed microbiome (?). I personally think this change in microbiome brought my ME on years later via flu.

Could someone explain this study to me. Was this study done after the women were cleared of the chlamydia infection and found to have changes in the microbiome compared to healthy subjects?

I thought it was interesting that the amino acids were low? Isn't that what they are finding in ME?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29643849

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2020
    RedFox, Jacob Richter and Snowdrop like this.
  2. AliceLily

AliceLily Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looking through my old GP notes from the 80s I have finally found the vaginal pessary that caused an immediate reaction and permanent change in microbiota, inflammation and pain. It's been nearly 40 years of suffering from this.

The pessary was Tiberal, an antibiotic. I will try to see what information I can find about adverse reactions. I wonder if there will be any connections to part of the ME process or whether it is a separate problem. I didn't get ME until 10 years later via flu, but still, it could be interesting to see if there are any contributing factors leading up to getting the ME via flu years later.

RedFox, Jacob Richter and bobbler like this.