1. Guest, the 'News In Brief' post for w/c 9th July can now be read here.
    Dismiss Notice

Insights into vaginal bacterial communities and metabolic profiles of chlamydia trachomatis infection: Positioning between eubiosis and dysbiosis

Discussion in 'BioMedical ME/CFS Research' started by Rosie, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Rosie

Rosie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry, I don't know where to put this. But I feel it belongs in ME research because this is where I believe my ME began. I caught a vaginal infection when young (chlamydia trachomatis) I was never the same afterwards. This infection changed the vaginal microbiome and never returned to normal. I suspect the antibiotic pessary could have caused the changed microbiome (?). I personally think this change in microbiome brought my ME on years later via flu.

Could someone explain this study to me. Was this study done after the women were cleared of the chlamydia infection and found to have changes in the microbiome compared to healthy subjects?

I thought it was interesting that the amino acids were low? Isn't that what they are finding in ME?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29643849

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Snowdrop likes this.
  2. hixxy

hixxy Established Member (Voting Rights)

Probably better in the non-ME research forum. There's plenty of research there that is not ME research but still somehow related.

Rosie likes this.
  3. Rosie

Rosie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

OK, thanks @hixxy

hixxy likes this.