1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

In This Doctor’s Office, a Physical Exam Like No Other (NY Times 8 May 2019) - Commentry by Henrik Vogt

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by wigglethemouse, May 9, 2019.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Bit random but I didn't want to to start another thread for this. I commented a few times on Henrik's nonsense in the past but haven't in probably over a year, he's just immune to reality so there's no point, and I noticed that he recently blocked me. Can't say when, I'm pretty sure it's less than a few weeks, but he just posted a tweet recommending to follow Sharpe (and one of their sock puppet accounts, because why not?) for "CFS news" (not sure why since Sharpe is famously long-retired from the field with great fanfare and public airing of grievances) and I just noticed the block.

I'm just curious if he did the same with others, gone and done a full Sharpe and blocked anyone who just posts stuff he doesn't like.

What a snowflake. A dangerous, lethal, snake oil-promoting snowflake but a snowflake nonetheless.

You should be able to check easily by following the link, on embeds it would show even if you're blocked.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1135277104269090816

Pechius, EzzieD and Sean like this.
  2. EzzieD

EzzieD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Vogt hasn't blocked me (yet), I've never posted to him, but I noticed I had been blocked at some point by CFS_research who he is telling people to follow. CFS_research is one of those super-precious snowflakes who block people just for Liking/Retweeting a post on the topic of ME that he doesn't like, without your actually having posted to them - I've been blocked by 5 of those on Twitter. I find the encouragement to follow him 'if you are interested in CFS or ME' somewhat worrying, because he is so thoroughly out of touch with science and wrapped up in his own invented ideas and theories about 'CFS'. (He has no scientific or medical qualifications AFAIK, if he is who I think he is.) Hope not too many people (or better still, nobody) will take up Vogt's encouragement to follow him, for the sake of not spreading misinformation!

andypants, rvallee and Trish like this.