1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid immunity

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Mij, Jul 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"What happens when previously infected individuals are vaccinated? The observations in several studies, including those by Stamatatos et al. and Reynolds et al., are that an impressive synergy occurs—a “hybrid vigor immunity” resulting from a combination of natural immunity and vaccine-generated immunity. When natural immunity to SARS-CoV-2 is combined with vaccine-generated immunity, a larger-than-expected immune response arises".

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/372/6549/1392

MeSci, Sly Saint, DokaGirl and 5 others like this.
  2. Creekside

Creekside Senior Member (Voting Rights)

When I booked my second vaccine appointment, I was offered either a second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, or a dose of the other one (starts with an 'M'), which is supposed to be just as effective. I did ponder whether ME might cause problems with a different vaccine or with a second dose of the same one. I doubt that there's anyone in the world who can answer that question, so I went for option two, since it's more available. Even if I do get a severe reaction, I won't know whether the other option would have been better.

alktipping, MeSci, TigerLilea and 2 others like this.
  3. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I wasn't able to read the document properly, but there seems to be no reference to auto-immunity or adverse effects. Does anyone know if there are? (I searched the page.)

I want to know if there are adverse effects in auto-immune people, as many of us are. (I'm fairly sure that I have had the virus too.)

alktipping and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  4. Mij

MeSci, Binkie4, ukxmrv and 4 others like this.
  5. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Was it Moderna?

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  6. Creekside

Creekside Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, Moderna. I'm heading in for the shot today.

MeSci and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  7. Mij

Now Published:

Tolerance of Covid-19 vaccination in pts with SLE(Lupus) in the international VACOLUP study:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanrhe/article/PIIS2665-9913(21)00221-6/fulltext

Binkie4, Trish, Wyva and 1 other person like this.