1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hopeful Medicine - Concerning article on NHS 10 yr plan,by DietDoctor.com

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Unable, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Unable

Unable Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/for-doctors/hopeful-medicine

Motivation is the key to lifestyle changes
    Healthcare professionals do rightly assume that individuals should work with them to adopt healthier lifestyles, a mandate now part of the NHS 10 year plan. At the same time, practitioners report lacking the training, time and confidence to successfully help patients do this, and they are not changing how they talk to patients about lifestyle changes.”

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/for-doctors/hopeful-medicine

In the context of people smoking despite knowing it is bad for their health, this sort of approach might be just fine.

However I’m concerned that this message will not help the situation for ME patients.

The article is by Diet Doctor - a site that is run by doctors who promote the Keto/LowCarb diet for improving overall health. I usually find their articles helpful.

This is more concerning. I think it is their description of the NHS 10 year plan, linked at the top of the article.

DokaGirl, Annamaria, MEMarge and 5 others like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

DokaGirl, Annamaria and Andy like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Stuff like this does make sense from his T2 Diabetes perspective. Until GPs are better educated about ME there’s always going to be a high risk that they will try to deploy this type of approach with people with ME that’s already the status quo I don’t think this particular article will make the risk much higher than it already is.