1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Health secretary admits official failings over a number of medical treatment issues

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Sly Saint, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"
    Jeremy Hunt, the health and social care secretary, has launched a nine-month review into how the NHS addresses concerns about medical treatments, including vaginal mesh devices.

Speaking in the House of Commons, he admitted the government had failed to respond adequately to a series of public health scandals caused by the side-effects of medical treatments, citing the surgical mesh scandal as a key example."

Sometimes the reaction has felt overly focused on defending the status quo rather than addressing the needs of patients, and as a result patients and their families have spent too long feeling that they were not being listened to, making the agony of a complex medical situation even worse,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...review-into-handling-of-surgical-mesh-scandal

petrichor, Barry, MEMarge and 16 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Now to convince him that the same applies to GET for ME...

Barry, MEMarge, MeSci and 12 others like this.
  3. guest001

guest001 Guest

I really feel the time HAS come to push for a Public Inquiry into PACE but with a wider scope to encompass the rest of the BPS bandwagon (which has zero evidence of its underlying premise) including the hideous and bogus concept of MUS. We have to shout from the rooftops that nothing short of a PI will do it now. With the emphasis on the Public.

Barry, MEMarge, MeSci and 13 others like this.
  4. James

James Established Member (Voting Rights)

No halt on using mesh and no halt on GET this kicks the can further up the road while the amount of harm done is debated.

MEMarge and Allele like this.
  5. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

How do we make that happen?

MEMarge, Samuel and Allele like this.
  6. guest001

guest001 Guest

Well I felt this consolidating in my mind having watched Carol Monahagan. I think, if she is willing, a groundswell of impetus could grow around her as she would be a neutral centre who might happily work with many advocates/ groups/ charities whom with other initiatives might otherwise fail to align due to differences of opinion which are hard to break. That's where my mind is going.

James likes this.
  7. Alvin

cool

MEMarge likes this.
  8. guest001

guest001 Guest

Not saying it's going to happen..but it might be well worth considering properly? Strike whilst the iron is hot?

MEMarge likes this.
  9. Alvin

for sure