1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Haukeland University Hospital seeking ME patients and HC in Bergen for strain test

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Kalliope, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The ME research team at Haukeland University Hospital has made a poster where they are recruiting for a new study. Here's a google translation of the text:

Will you give us a hand?

A strain test for people with ME/CFS

Would you like to participate in a study on measuring blood flow during strain in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome-ME/CFS?

Since people with ME/CFS can experience significant deterioration after physical exertion, it's important to develop gentle methods that the patients can endure. We wish to establish a simple test to asses the blood flow in the muscle.

The test entails strain ("exercise") of the thumb muscles and blood tests from a blood vessel on the forearm.

We would like to hear from you if you:
    - Are diagnosed with ME/CFS (Canadian criteria)
    - Are between 18 and 66 years
    - Are able to spend 2-3 hours at the Haukeland University Hospital

The ME/CFS research group at Haukeland University Hospital with Prof. Øystein Fluge and Prof. Olav Mella

Do you want to know more? Send your name and number to kari.sorland@helse.bergen.no - and we'll get in touch!

Midnattsol, MeSci, Ron and 5 others like this.
  2. Kalliope

3. Kalliope

Translated text from second poster recruiting healthy controls:

Will you give us a hand?

Are you healthy and active - or have reduced activity levels for other reasons than ME?

Would you like to participate in a study on measuring the blood flow in muscles during strain in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome-ME/CFS?

Since people with ME/CFS can experience significant deterioration after physical exertion, it's important to develop gentle methods that the patients can endure. We wish to establish a simple test to asses the blood flow in the muscle.

The test entails strain ("exercise") of the thumb muscles and blood tests from a blood vessel on the forearm.
    In order to asses if the results tell us anything important about the disease, we'd like to do parallel examinations of people who do not have ME/CFS.

We'd like to hear from you if you:
    - Are healthy and active or have reduced activity levels for other reasons than ME/CFS
    - Are between 18 and 65 years
    - Are able to spend 2-3 hours at Haukeland University Hospital

Contact info

433462560_836638351830298_4675831640165632097_n.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    RedFox, Comet, Midnattsol and 7 others like this.
  4. Midnattsol

Midnattsol Moderator Staff Member

Happy to see this starting up :)