1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Functional microbiome study (Stanford)

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Wyva, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ME Action doesn't let me copy the text, so here is the link with the details: https://www.meaction.net/2021/10/19/stanford-study-enrolling-now/

In short: It's Ron Davis's lab, they are looking for severely ill, mostly bed-bound people from the US. What is needed: fecal swab sent by mail + online consenting and questionnaire, altogether taking 30-60 minutes.

MountainRose, ahimsa, Samuel and 12 others like this.
  2. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm not sending them shit!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope they get enough samples.

TiredSam, MountainRose, Milo and 8 others like this.
  3. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Why only 'severely ill'?
    ill.JPG

4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:rofl:

alktipping and shak8 like this.
  5. Samuel

Samuel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

meaction's website uses cloudflare and cranks up the settings so high that I have to spend infinite time proving I am human. I can't get access to the email protected or comment.

Talking takes too much out of me and I won't be able to do the study if I can't ask questions in email. I want to help, no Amazon needed, and I would be interested in my personal results also. I hope severe who can't talk can participate.

cfsandmore and Trish like this.
  6. Wyva

Maybe you can ask here?: aokumu@stanford.edu They say you have to mention fecal swab study in the subject line to participate but you can probably ask them some questions too.

Samuel and Trish like this.
  7. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If you left click with your curser at the beginning of a paragraph, then move across and down the lines of text (as though you were selecting the text in order to copy it) to the end of the text, then right click and select: Copy (it won't appear highlighted), for me the text of that selected paragraph will then paste into a draft email. From there, you can C & P into the message editor, eg.

Who: Ron Davis’s lab at Stanford University is conducting a functional microbiome study in collaboration with Harvard University and Vassar College. They are looking for severely Ill, primarily bed-bound patients within the United States to participate.​

or you can paste the selected text directly into a message.

Also, when you (invisibly) select a passage of text, a grey speech bubble button appears with "Search" and "Copy" on it, and you can select "Copy" from there. Hope this makes sense, Wyva.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Wyva, cfsandmore and Samuel like this.
  8. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

Another sign that times are changing - now someone wants to receive shit through the post from militant activists.

rvallee, cfsandmore, Trish and 3 others like this.
  9. Wyva

Yes, thanks, I saw that nothing was highlighted when I tried to copy it and just assumed that it cannot be copied for whatever reason (which would make sense on certain websites but not really for a patient organization, so it seemed quite odd of course). I

Dx Revision Watch likes this.
  10. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I agree; I don't know why MEAction would make it harder for folk to copy text from the site. I also think they need to give more consideration those with visual problems. Trying to read white text reversed out of bright red, doesn't make for the most comfortable read.

cfsandmore, Wyva and Trish like this.