1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Forgotten Plague, course for Nurses etc on ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Viola, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Viola

Viola Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does anyone know anyone who has done this course? What did they think?

http://tinyurl.com/yc5y8a65

I might do it to see what it is like, as it might be useful to offer to nurses and medical people if they have an interest in learning more. It is very cheap, at 50 dollars, and if it was good it might make an impact.

However, I am a bit worried that parts of it seem to be telling people what the CDC says, and there is a good chance this course was put together before the CDC took down some of the information on CBT and GET.

So whether this course is suitable or not could depend a bit on where the doctor etc is coming from, where they live and what influences they have been under before now. For example, if they are from a place where it is all CBT and GET, and this course offers some criticism it could be good. But if they are from somewhere that doesn't particularly promote these (like where I am), and this ends up putting it into their heads, then the course might not be a good idea.