1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

First monthly ME PARTNER Caregivers Support Group call this Sunday

Discussion in 'Caregiver support' started by seeker, Feb 7, 2019.

1. seeker

seeker Established Member

We’re kicking off a new monthly call for ME Partner Caregivers this Sunday, Feb. 10, 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET.

We invite caregivers who are spouses, partners, or significant others of people with ME to join us to connect with, share with, and support other caregivers. We strive to provide an affirming, safe place to share for all people regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity.

We plan to hold calls on the second Sunday of each month so they won’t conflict with the existing larger #MEAction Caregivers calls. This is a smaller spin-off group that will focus on addressing specific issues partners face.

For this first call, we’ll spend time introducing ourselves, sharing our stories, and discussing any topics you’d like to cover in future calls. For call info: https://my.meaction.net/events/me-partner-caregivers-support-group

Roy S, Gecko, Barry and 4 others like this.
  2. Billt

Billt Established Member (Voting Rights)

is there another support group for parents that are care givers ? Thanks

3. seeker

Hi, Billt -- I believe some #MEAction members are planning to create a new support group for parents who are caregivers. For more info, contact caregiver@meaction.net. Take Care!

Billt, Dolphin and Andy like this.
  4. seeker

Hello Friends -- We're holding a ME partner caregivers support call this Sunday, March 10th at 1 pm PDT / 4 pm EDT.

Topic for this month's call: How to navigate changes in a partner relationship due to ME.

We often spend much of our time and energy with our partner as caregivers. How do you find ways to interact with your partner in non-caregiving ways? Do you feel lonely, and if so, how do you deal with it? How do you manage fighting with your partner? What positive things have you learned about yourself or your partner as a result of dealing with ME?

We'll also take time to talk about any "hot items" you're dealing with and want to discuss.

For call info: https://my.meaction.net/events/me-partner-caregivers-support-group-march

Inara, Hutan, Dolphin and 1 other person like this.