1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 25th May 2020 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally, I’ve found what caused my brain fog, chronic fatigue, depression and aching joints...an insect bite! - James Delingpole

Discussion in 'Infections: Lyme, Candida, EBV ...' started by Sly Saint, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

James Delingpole was just interviewed on the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio2.
    This was an article he wrote last year:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...used-brain-fog-aching-joints-insect-bite.html

(he has now had stem-cell treatment)

2. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Annamaria, Sarah94, lycaena and 4 others like this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought Dellingpole said he'd cured his CFS with some bizarre beathing technique? Now, after displaying his scientific expertise with bizarre climate change denial theories, he's moved on to stem cell treatment for Lyme disease? I only ever see his name when he's getting attention for talking rubbish about something. Why would he be invited on Radio 2?

4. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here it is :rofl::rofl:

Possibly it was chronic fatigue syndrome (ME), but my GP couldn’t say. There was nothing he could do for me, unless I fancied anti-depressants. I’m not going to bore you with details of everything I tried that didn’t work (including antibiotics, homeopathy, and diets), just about the one that did – Buteyko...

Medical students have long known that carbon dioxide (CO2) plays a vital part in releasing oxygen from the blood to cells and tissue – the Bohr effect. Buteyko took this further by postulating that most of the chronic medical conditions of our modern age – from asthma to lupus and Crohn’s disease – are the result of a deficiency in our body of CO2, caused by not breathing correctly, in a panicky way, so you take in too much oxygen.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...eat-chronic-fatigue-learning-hold-breath.html

Annamaria, Sly Saint, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  5. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This article doesn't feel right to me. Borrelia Miyamotoi? That's not a clinical diagnosis, as far as I am aware - you either test positive or you don't, and there are not many labs even testing for it. There are less than 30 Lyme-ish species. Miyamotoi - theoretically - is relapsing fever; keep in mind there is a group of Lyme advocates that maintain Lyme is relapsing fever as well, but most entrenched thinking would dispute that.

Regardless, I think there is a tentative test specific to B. Miyamotoi..

Eh.

I am so used to be wrong these days...:)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Annamaria, chrisb, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  6. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He's been put on a vegan diet too

I’m on a no-alcohol, no-caffeine, no-sugar, vegan diet. It’s less fun than it sounds. Occasionally I cheat, but mostly I don’t, because I don’t want to upset the lovely doctors at the Infusio clinic in Frankfurt who gave me my stem cells for the Lyme disease treatment and who insist they need the right anti-inflammatory, alkaline diet to thrive.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/the-curse-of-having-to-go-vegan/

7. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He's absolutely all over the show...just for a change. Just found this article from the Spectator (sorry...) where he claims the Perrin Technique is causing him to have weird mental symptoms.

In it he confuses lymphatic massage for limbic massage - and thus uses this to explain the change in behaviour after his sessions!
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/06/my-medical-treatment-is-sending-me-bonkers-and-its-no-fun/
    I have a severe dislike of the guy, his political views and his spreading of misinformation. I hope he takes a step back and stops confusing other people who don't have the scientific background to dismiss his ramblings as confused nonsense.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  8. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For anyone interested, there is a chart in this free access paper showing just how far removed from Bb B Miyamotoi is.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329926487_The_genus_Borrelia_reloaded

It would certainly be interesting if it were thought to cause a condition identical to Lyme.

Annamaria, duncan and Squeezy like this.
  9. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Evidently the C6 test - the Lyme test of choice in the UK - may not distinguish between Lyme and B. Miyamotoi.
    https://www.clinicalmicrobiologyandinfection.com/article/S1198-743X(19)30418-5/fulltext

Annamaria and chrisb like this.
  10. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's interesting that B miyamotoi is placed next, in the table, to the type species B anserina. It looks as if that caused disease in ducks, geese and poultry and miyamotoi was found to be common in turkeys. One can see how the illness might spread.

duncan and Annamaria like this.