Feeling like I'm starving, or continuing to feel hungry despite a full stomach

Discussion in 'General and other signs and symptoms' started by Hoopoe, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Haveyoutriedyoga

Haveyoutriedyoga Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for your posts on this, I am experiencing similar and the info is useful. Do you have any other tips to share?

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. Ryan31337

Ryan31337 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with it, it can be very distressing & disabling.

I think its risky to assume the driver for your symptoms is the same as mine, there are at least a few quite different reasons these issues happen. In my case interventions for POTS are essential to control my "tolerance" for carbohydrate: if I'm too active in the AM, or if I don't limit the time I spend on my feet, or if I miss medication (Ivabradine & Pyridostigmine) doses, I will struggle again after eating and/or at dawn (alongside a worsening of other POTS symptoms).

With POTS under control I am now able to tolerate a normal amount of carbohydrate and sugar in my diet, but if something disrupts that long-term I would try the Acarbose that was prescribed off-label, or I would go back on a ketogenic diet.

If you're in the UK I'd be happy to share details for the Endocrinologist I saw that helped me with all this:)

livinglighter and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  3. Haveyoutriedyoga

Haveyoutriedyoga Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you, I would like their details please, I may contact them after I've exhausted options with the GP (so probably soon ;) ).

I hear what you say about not assuming the same cause, I was just dx PCOS which usually comes with insulin resistance so it is all making sense now. I had specific 'hypo'-like episodes of increasing frequency when I started becoming unwell with what was later dx MECFS, and eventually became unwell all of the time. I am yet to go back to the GP, they may not be interested if I am not actually diabetic despite how disabling the symptoms can be.

Ryan31337 and Peter Trewhitt like this.