1. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 7th June 2021 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Contribute to feedback on the CDC Evidence Review, for more details click here
    Dismiss Notice

Fecal transplants in ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Treating the Microbiome' started by Helen, Jun 2, 2018.

1. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Moderator Staff Member

There's an article in The Telegraph that mentions this death after FMT. It's mostly an infomercial I think. Plenty of plugs for testing and clinics.

Secrets of the gut doctor: From faecal transplants to microbiome testing - the new treatments that could transform your entire health. By Victoria Lambert, 15 June 2019. Paywalled, but if you sign up for an account you can read one article a month for free.

Michiel Tack likes this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kinda shows that, despite advances, we are still barely one step away from the dark ages in our medical knowledge, that we still have to rely on such barbaric sources to try to fix common problems.

I get it, bacteria are hard to handle and we barely know much about the microbiome so it's hard to determine how to go about differently, but this is still as primitive as it gets.

The next few years will be fascinating, overturning much of what we think we know and revealing all new truths about ourselves and nature.