1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fatigue in post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV2 (PASC) treated with oxygen-ozone autohemotherapy – preliminary results on 100 patients, 2021,Tirelli et al

Discussion in 'Long Covid research' started by Andy, Oct 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

OBJECTIVE: Post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV2 infection (PASC) are a novel terminology used to describe post-COVID persistent symptoms, mimicking somehow the previously described chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). In this manuscript, we evaluated a therapeutical approach to address PASC-derived fatigue in a cohort of past-COVID-19 positive patients.

PATIENTS AND METHODS: A number of 100 patients, previously diagnosed as COVID-19 positive subjects and meeting our eligibility criteria, was diagnosed having PASC-related fatigue. They were recruited in the study and treated with oxygen-ozone autohemotherapy (O2-O3-AHT), according to the SIOOT protocol. Patients’ response to O2-O3-AHT and changes in fatigue were measured with the 7-scoring Fatigue Severity Scale (FSS), according to previously published protocols.

RESULTS: Statistics assessed that the effects of O2-O3-AHT on fatigue reduced PASC symptoms by 67%, as a mean, in all the investigated cohort of patients (H = 148.4786 p < 0.0001) (Figure 1). Patients following O2-O3-AHT therapy, quite completely recovered for PASC-associated fatigue, a quote amounting to about two fifths (around 40%) of the whole cohort undergoing ozone treatment and despite most of patients were female subjects, the effect was not influenced by sex distribution (H = 0.7353, p = 0.39117).

CONCLUSIONS: Ozone therapy is able to recover normal functionality and to relief pain and discomfort in the form of PASC-associated fatigue in at least 67% of patients suffering from post-COVID sequelae, aside from sex and age distribution.

Open access, https://www.europeanreview.org/article/26809

Ariel, Kitty, Sly Saint and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Peter Trewhitt and Kitty like this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

The abstract doesn't mention acontrol group.

Peter Trewhitt, Wyva and Ariel like this.
  4. Ariel

Ariel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am unclear about whether this practice is even allowed? I am a bit confused. Someone tried to sell this to me once. I never went back for this and other much worse reasons.

alktipping, Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.