1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Explore - A Systematic Review of The Evidence Base for the Lightning Process - 2020 - by Phil Parker et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Kalliope, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Your posts seemed good to me!

MEMarge and MSEsperanza like this.
  2. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"I have a BSc (Hons) in clinical PSychology and an MSc in Mental Health from Kings College London. I am a Human Givens Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, and NLP Master Practitioner and certified trainers trainer having trained with John Grinder and Phil Parker. I have run a private therapeutic practice for over ten years and I have experience working in NHS mental health crisis teams on the front line of community care."

http://www.jacquiaston.com/

MEMarge and chrisb like this.
  3. fivetowns

fivetowns Established Member (Voting Rights)

I thought read through this whole thread today but it looks like @Jonathan Edwards had already pointed out that:
    So the researchgate profile conflicts with the information previously found on the KCL staff list and what the KCL website states today.

Edit: Conclusion of this post is now more in line with what is justifiable by the available evidence.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    MEMarge, MSEsperanza, ukxmrv and 2 others like this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Or it could be that things have changed?

5. fivetowns

fivetowns Established Member (Voting Rights)

It could be but I think it's unlikely seen as I checked today and she still isn't listed on the staff profiles for the department on KCL website. You are right though it's probably not a good idea to jump to conclusions on this I'll edit my previous post.

ukxmrv and Esther12 like this.
  6. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The profile gives a current affiliation. Aston will be an alumnus of King's and maybe the Psychosis Unit and that is a sort of affiliation. It is nevertheless pretty misleading to give a department as an affiliation. It would be a misrepresentation to suggest a current academic attachment.

7. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think that is pretty unlikely. If she had recently been involved as staff at KCL one would expect that to be prominent in her mini-bio.

MEMarge, FMMM1, ukxmrv and 1 other person like this.