1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Examining Hope as a Transdiagnostic Mechanism of Change Across Anxiety Disorders and CBT Treatment Protocols (2019), Gallagher et al.

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by James Morris-Lent, Oct 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My hope right now is for biomedical science research breakthroughs and resources for that commensurate with actual disease burden.

Alongside that is a frustration that the psych cabal still rules the medical and media narratives. A hope that this mirage will soon explode.

shak8, DokaGirl, Arnie Pye and 2 others like this.
  2. BruceInOz

BruceInOz Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Someone close to me suffers terribly from anxiety and your description is spot on. Just because CBT has been abused in our case doesn't mean it is never useful.

Tia, Mithriel, DokaGirl and 3 others like this.
  3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hope a necessary thing, for other people.

My hope, that i won't be shot in the back, while advancing through a minefield under heavy machine gun fire, so I can play football on Christmas day, is futile for me, as it will make no difference to my fate. The fact that I have it is however, absolutely vital to the war effort. So vital, that not having hope, (the hope that no matter how bloody stupid advancing through a minefield under machine gun fire is, that it's not just survivable, it's the right thing to do), would result in me being shot, so as to maintain the hope of others.

shak8, DokaGirl and Simbindi like this.
  4. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's more or less the beach on D-Day. Somehow, they prevailed.

DokaGirl likes this.