1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Evie Toombes case: patients who suffer harm when doctors don't follow best practice

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by JohnTheJack, Dec 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JohnTheJack

JohnTheJack Moderator Staff Member

This case may seem remote from ME, but it may have general implications for patients who suffer harm when doctors do not follow best practice.

From (£) https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...lions-after-suing-gp-over-her-birth-h66cns30g

Hutan, alktipping, rvallee and 8 others like this.
  2. Midnattsol

Midnattsol Moderator Staff Member

My sister sent it to me as it was also posted in a Norwegian newspaper. I'd be happy if GP's had more knowledge about diet (it *is* possible to consume the required 400mg of folate through diet alone, though just saying "healthy diet" is not specific enough. In a recent European survey the majority of respondents said they ate a healthy diet "most of the time", population dietary interviews suggest that this diet is not rich in folate. I think the mean intake in the last Norwegian dietary interview study were <200mg for both men and women).

alktipping, DokaGirl, Ash and 2 others like this.