Etoricoxib (Arcoxia) - Any experiences?

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by Kalliope, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Have any of you tried this and would like to share your experiences?

From Wikipedia:
    Etoricoxib (Arcoxia) is a selective COX-2 inhibitor from Merck & Co. Currently it is approved in more than 80 countries worldwide but not in the US, where the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has required additional safety and efficacy data for etoricoxib before it will issue approval.

2. Pechius

Pechius Senior Member (Voting Rights)

O think it's similar to celecoxib, which is available in US. May I ask why are you interested in it?

adambeyoncelowe and Kalliope like this.
  3. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Heard through the grapevine that someone with ME felt a bit better on it, and got curious. And by someone I mean two people, so I wouldn't rush to the doctor for a prescription just yet..

Ah, three people with @Jaybee00 (and thanks for the link!)

6. Pechius

Pechius Senior Member (Voting Rights)

7. Liessa

Liessa Established Member (Voting Rights)

I'm still in the trial phase but I'm pleasantly surprised.
    The main reason I started something new for pain was neck-shoulder pain and headaches, and a combo of naproxen and acetaminophen not touching those at all. This does, without the addition of acetaminophen. That is, the neck-shoulder bit, not the headache. Still a good upgrade.

The surprise is something else though. Etoricoxib is the first thing in 5 years (have tried several different categories of pain meds) that has made a noticable difference in my hand pain and it seems to dampen the pain in my other joints as well. I thought I'd gotten good at ignoring it, but certain actions were offlimits, like writing or knitting for a few minutes. I can now do these things a bit more which is really great :)

andypants, Trish, Hutan and 1 other person like this.
  8. rachel76

rachel76 Established Member

It did not help me

Kalliope and Hutan like this.