Ethnic minority patients yearn for warmth from health care professionals, research finds

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Sly Saint, May 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/news/...from-health-care-professionals-research-finds

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Like an ad on cardiovascular health by a tobacco company.

Chalder, a serial disrespecter, talks about respect. That's rich. As in millions and millions in useless funding.

People want respect. We're not getting it. You can call that however you want, "warmth" is just a ridiculous way to put this. Respect. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

But they can't do that, even had to invent "bedside manners" as a substitute for respect, for basic human decency. For not treating us like we're an inanimate lump of meat. But they don't respect us at all. That's on them.

3. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I assume that any doctor who is unexpectedly nice to me is just good at acting, if I have already been scowled at by receptionists and/or secretaries and/or nurses before I met the doctor himself or herself.

4. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is blatantly obvious. I would extend that by saying people in racial/ethnic minorities are treated with disrespect or given inadequate care frequently, and that this needs to be changed immediately.