1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Eleanor Stein's 3 video series for ME/CFS, FM, ES and Long Covid

Discussion in 'Other clinics and doctors' started by RoseE, Mar 14, 2022.

1. RoseE

RoseE Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Eleanor has published 3 education videos as 'An Introduction to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

Has anyone reviewed them?

I am aware of Eleanor from her 2015 publication 'Assessment and Treatment of Patients with ME/CFS: Clinical Guidelines for Psychiatrists' which I understood to have a good reputation.

Ref: https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_Stein

The website page then invites people "Interested in learning how to improve your quality of life and do more of the things you love?" to register in Eleanor's 'Pathways to Improvement' online course for those who have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Environmental Sensitivities and Long COVID. "This course provides a step-by-step guided program to help you feel and live better."

https://www.eleanorsteinmd.ca/ME-CFS-introduction-videos

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I haven't watched the videos but I remember coming across her website in the past and that I found some odd things, for example:

Or:

3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I watched the treatment section. Some of it is fine, including sensible advice to trainee doctors to believe their patients, take symptoms one step at a time to try to help with symptomatic treatments according to which the patient finds most disabling, pacing, etc. But then there was the mention of mind body techniques for pain, and CBT for sleep, which all sounded pretty dubious to me.

Anna H, sebaaa, shak8 and 4 others like this.
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I haven't watched the third one and probably won't after these comments, but I thought the other two were useful.
    The second one discusses mast cell activation which I know some considered controversial.

RoseE and Trish like this.