1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Effectiveness of distant healing for patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, 2008, Walach et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by lycaena, Sep 11, 2019.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

IIRC Sharpe tweeted the SMC press release, or some other newspaper article, about the SMILE trial.

Can't search though, blocked. Think he said something like promising.

Simbindi, EzzieD and NelliePledge like this.
  2. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We so need a diagnostic test. This is a complete and utter circus. I can't take much more of this absolute BS, it actually beggars belief.

oldtimer, Joh, Mithriel and 3 others like this.
  3. 2kidswithME

2kidswithME Established Member (Voting Rights)

Bizarrely, at my workplace we are having a training day next week and someone saw fit to include a session on pranic healing, under the guise of Health and well being. Apparently a variation on reiki, so another form of distance healing. I raised enough of a fuss, pointing out there is zero research to prove it helps anyone, that I’ve been excused from the session. I am tempted to go anyway and raise the question about research and see what the practitioners say. But probably not! Instead I plan a walk to have some quiet in the midst of an otherwise intense day. Far better for my mental wellbeing I suspect!
    NB I don’t have ME myself.

Joh, Sarah94, Mithriel and 4 others like this.