1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dutch CFS/ME-clinic nominated to receive quackery award 2021

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Dolphin, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A Dutch CFS/ME-clinic is one of the nominees to receive this year's
    quackery award.

Translation from Dutch to English (see section 6 of the press release),
    https://translate.google.com/transl...ijd-en-longlist-meester-kackadorisprijs-2021/

6. Fatigue Clinic
    The Fatigue Clinic, a chain of treatment centers with a head office in Lelystad and branches in Amersfoort and Tiel, has been set up and is led by 'experience expert' Pierre de Roy; he was a board member of the ME/CFS Foundation. The clinic is a restart of the Fatigue Center that went bankrupt in 2016. Internist Joris Vernooij was the important medical man from the start of the establishment of this center, now again. Years ago Vernooij was a partner in the B12 clinic in Amsterdam.

The Fatigue Clinic says it provides care for patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and all its variants. Being chronically tired is no fun, but the chance that the mishmash of therapies from these commercial clinics will make you less tired seems small. But don't worry: the orthomolecular dietitians with whom this club works know what to do.

The section on the clinic's website about vitamin B12 is bizarre, as everyone who follows the VtdK is a "treatment" that is often used as a cash cow by unscrupulous money beaters with a doctor's degree by letting patients with vague complaints leak on very dubious grounds. injections with generally unnecessary B12 injections.

The Fatigue Clinic is shamelessly going on an unscientific tour here, according to their website: “In the Netherlands, treatment with a high dose of B12 is currently an irregular treatment. There is no scientific evidence of its effect. In the Fatigue Clinic, based on years of experience and careful testing, a high dose of vitamin B12 in the form of injections, nose drops or melting tablets is often recommended as part of the treatment of ME/CFS complaints.” In short: science overboard, but the cash register is ringing.

It is becoming completely incomprehensible now that the Fatigue Clinic also seems to be interfering with Long Covid by hiring a blue Monday neurologist Jan Bonte, someone who leaves no stone unturned to put the prevention of Covid-19 in a bad light. Bonte, for example, cut holes in his mouth-nose mask and tried to get away with it from his previous boss, the Rotterdam Ikazia hospital, who then logically showed him the door. The Fatigue Clinic has now also fired Bonte.