1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of patient self reported adverse effects of Rituximab

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by dannybex, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Dial It In

Dial It In Established Member (Voting Rights)

Didn’t Mella even state that he thinks there is a subset that it works on?

I tend to agree with the stratification issue - ‘MECFS’ is ridiculously broad

Anyway, we will get more of an idea when the data is released & the individual case responses can be examined against the equivalent placebo (if there were, in fact, 3 year long responses)

Inara and Gingergrrl like this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think Olav Mella may have been trying to let people down a bit lightly. My information is that the trial is negative. No useful information will come from comparing subsets post-hoc with results. Comparing individual responses to placebo tells us nothing, of course. We need to stick to science here. That is what Olav and Oystein would want.

inox, andypants, TrixieStix and 3 others like this.
  3. Dial It In

Dial It In Established Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting that at the current Invest In ME conference, Professor Maureen Hanson emphasised the heterogeneity within groups.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  4. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Dial It In I haven't seen any of the conference but did Professor Maureen Hanson speak about Rituximab specifically (or about an autoimmune sub-group or misdiagnosed group)? I am curious what she said (but am not on Twitter or other places where it might be posted).

ukxmrv likes this.