1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disability News Service: "DWP U-turns on PIP mobility rules that were based on ‘unsupported opinions’"

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Andy, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.c...ules-that-were-based-on-unsupported-opinions/

Allele, Arnie Pye, Louie41 and 20 others like this.
  2. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Now they need convincing that severe cognitive impairment, physical inability to move your own wheelchair due to arm weakness, extreme pain and exhaustion are also sufficient reason to make this descriptor meaningless for many people with ME.

This separation between being able to plan a route and actually doing it serves no purpose. If you cannot go anywhere on your own; were last on a train about 10 years ago with 4 friends and have never been on a bus what is the use of theoretically being able to plan a route when you couldn't reach the end of the road on your own!

Yes I am in rant mode. I might even reactivate my "Super Marge Simpson" avatar.

3. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@MEMarge you tell 'em girl!

The fact is that the questions are written in such a way to elicit as little meaningful information about the claimant as they can get away with.

Wits_End, Allele, Arnie Pye and 12 others like this.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Guest

[​IMG]

That's how reading about the UK benefits application process makes me feel anyhow :p