1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Differentiating psychogenic nonepileptic from epileptic seizures: A mixed-methods, content analysis study, 2020, Cardéna et al

Discussion in 'Other psychosomatic news and research' started by Andy, May 11, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Direct link to open access PDF, https://www.epilepsybehavior.com/article/S1525-5050(20)30300-0/pdf

2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If they were trying to differentiate people already diagnosed they'd need to account for medication. People with epileptic seizures would likely be medicating while people deemed to have psychogenic epilepsy would not.

This would definitely make a difference in how a person behaved pre and post seizure and possibly even affect how long the seizure lasted.

Also, it goes to show how little progress has been made in the field of neurology. I had my EEG over 50 years ago. Not much has changed in the technology, quite possibly due to neurology being infested with psychiatry people. There was no hesitating as to whether getting an EEG for diagnosis was overusing resources as implied in the text here.

Money saving and liaison psychiatry. The deadly combination. Kills people and medical progress.

3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Such pretty dance moves the angels make on their hairpins.
    Completely delusional. These people are out of their damned minds and have no concept of the impact of what their delusions impose on vulnerable people.

4. spinoza577

spinoza577 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have a psychogenic seizure right now ...

Invisible Woman, alktipping and Amw66 like this.