1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller's new crowdfunding campaign (April 1, 2018)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by dave30th, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Its what most everyone thought would happen when we welcomed them, hence all is good now

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Louie41 likes this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not everyone.

Louie41, Invisible Woman and MeSci like this.
  3. Alvin

Indeed, i'll rephrase that to most

Louie41 and MeSci like this.
  4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Voices from the Shadows
    1 hr ยท
    More details about David's crowdfunding campaign on Berkeley's website. See his excellent plans for the next year, building on so much that has been achieved so far.

[​IMG]
    VIROLOGY BLOG'S TRIAL BY ERROR: Reporting on ME/CFS
    Help UC Berkeley raise $75,000 for the project: VIROLOGY BLOG'S TRIAL BY ERROR: Reporting on ME/CFS. Your gift will make a difference!
    crowdfund.berkeley.edu

Joh, Louie41, Allele and 11 others like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

29% raised, $22,134.

Yessica, Joh, Louie41 and 12 others like this.
  6. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

7. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Also shared by the German Association on Facebook and Twitter.

Some people have asked if there's a way to donate without credit card (they are less common in Germany than the US)?

Jan, Hutan, Allele and 12 others like this.
  8. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Are they looking for a way to donate without using a card at all?

9. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

One person asked about paypal. The others just said that they have no credit card. So a way without credit card, yes, I don't think EC cards are a problem. Germans often use paypal or bank transfer (if that's the correct English term). Just wanted to mention it but I understand completely if that can't be changed because these are the options Berkeley offers (and I was able to donate).

10. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From what I can see card transactions would seem to be the only way to donate, credit cards obviously work, and I would suspect debit cards would work as well, as long as they use the VISA or Mastercard system. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the request has been made to David for the ability to pay by Paypal, and he said that he would pass that on to Berkeley, but at the moment it's certainly not available.

11. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, it worked for me.

dangermouse, Sean, TiredSam and 5 others like this.
  12. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'll ask Berkeley if Pay-Pal is an option. I didn't realize credit cards were an issue. It's been my policy not to take money directly from anyone. That doesn't feel right somehow.

13. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's a privilege to contribute, I really hope the target is not only reached but smashed. At the moment i think it's the most productive thing we can spend our money on in terms of donations

14. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Same in the Netherlands.

15. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

16. dangermouse

dangermouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

PayPal would help :)

17. EzzieD

EzzieD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Seconding this, the lack of a PayPal option is the only thing keeping me from being able to donate (although I can't afford much - but every little bit helps!), and I see that other folks have the same problem. Being able to use PayPal would likely open up a substantial stream of additional contributions.

18. Andy

Andy Committee Member

David is aware that people would like to see a PayPal option and will feed that request back to Berkeley.

cyclamen, MEMarge, Yessica and 7 others like this.
  19. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I sent a note to the crowdfunding manager, and he agreed PayPal would be useful, but they're not set up to do that yet. This is a fairly new experiment for the university, and most of the projects in this round are pretty local--I don't think they really expect much money to come in from overseas--hence the lack of a world map, options other than credit card, etc. It's too bad but that's the way it is for now. My apologies and thanks to those who would like to donate but can't.

dangermouse, Cheshire, mango and 13 others like this.
  20. Alvin

Can it be set up before the end of the month, it would be nice to make sure you get fully funded and in the end more money is more money. It would be nice to see if we could make this a full time position for you or at least do everything we can to make sure your half time gets fully funded. Besides Berkeley is keeping a percentage, which should mean they are responsible for handling technical issues and a more funds means a larger cut for them.