1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller: Trial By Error: Some Thoughts About NICE

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Nov 19, 2018.

1. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

She blocked me on both Twitter and Facebook several years ago. So I can't see anything she says anymore. I think it was because I didn't leap to protect her over some argument or other.

In fact I was too ill or dealing with aftermath of parental deaths or legal matters or whatever, so just wasn't much online. It's too long ago now to remember exactly why I wasn't around then, and I can't remember when "then" was either. Anyway, I decided to regard it as a Badge of Honour I'm afraid! :trophy@

2. Forestvon

Forestvon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am blocked too - didnt know and dont recall tweeting to her but clicked the link to see her other tweets and just found I was blocked.

3. ladycatlover

Here Von, have a cup too! :trophy@

Forestvon, JoanneS, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Let's not derail this thread about an excellent article by David Tuller with a long conversation about EG.

Sean, Barry, MEMarge and 9 others like this.
  5. EzzieD

EzzieD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

She blocked me too - I had only just joined Twitter and been a member for a mere few weeks, when I discovered that she had blocked me! I don't know her, she doesn't know me, I've never had any contact with her, and I rarely ever post on Twitter at all, I mostly just Like/Retweet, so don't know why she would go to the trouble of blocking me. And I'm hardly a 'new kid' either, having acquired ME in 1983 and well aware of what was going on in the field at the time. (Nor am I a man, something she seems to have a problem with judging by her comment today on David's new blog post, LOL)

ETA: Sorry, Trish, I posted just at the same time as you said to stop talking about EG, oops.

6. ladycatlover

Sorry @Trish, I disagree with you here. Ellen has left gnomic derogatory comment on Tuller's great article, and some of us can't even access her on social media to try find out what the hell she means, or to get her take on things. Seems to me she's become part of our problem.

7. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Just to be clear, that wasn't a moderator instruction, just a personal preference not to read more about her, but I agree EG's message on the blog is unhelpful. Ignore me, discuss away!

Barry, Philipp, MEMarge and 5 others like this.
  8. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

Based on past encounters I would recommend not feeding EG.

9. Philipp

Philipp Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'd rather we ignored her tbh, it seems like a waste of time to figure out whatever it is that woman is on about.

Edit: ..Sam beat me to it.