1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller: Trial By Error: And Cochrane Makes Another Move…

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Trial By Error: And Cochrane Makes Another Move…

10 December 2018

By David Tuller, DrPH

http://www.virology.ws/2018/12/10/trial-by-error-and-cochrane-makes-another-move/

Yet another interesting development has taken place at Cochrane—and this new development again suggests that things there might be moving in the right direction. On Friday, the organization
    withdrew a protocol for what is called an “individual patient data” review of exercise therapy for the illness it has referred to as chronic fatigue syndrome...

TiredSam, andypants, Inara and 34 others like this.
  2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

If Cochrane is looking to get the exercise review withdrawal done under the radar this week would be a perfect time. With the current political chaos in the UK nobody is going to bat an eyelid about this. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for this Friday teatime.

EzzieD, Unable, janice and 6 others like this.
  3. Seven

Seven Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have the feeling if this were to happen, we need to let everybody know :)balloons::balloons::balloons:doctors specially) and we will be so happy that we would take over tweeter and half of social media@!! we are a lot of plp.

MEMarge and Trish like this.
  4. NelliePledge

Those who are interested in ME advocacy in uk are say 15,000 based on those who signed the MEAssociation petition last year. Brexit is smothering news and social media. 15,000 people are unlikely to be picked up on the news radar.

janice, MEMarge and Trish like this.
  5. Seven

Seven Senior Member (Voting Rights)

we here in USA we will make noise for you all guys :) We don't have much going on.:thumbup:

rvallee, Inara, Amw66 and 5 others like this.
  6. NelliePledge

Personally I’m not bothered if it doesn’t get coverage if going under the radar means it is actually withdrawn that’s ok. Medics here won’t do anything differently until the NICE guidelines change.