1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Maverick - Collusion to exclude Long Covid - the long history of energy limiting disability denial by insurance firms

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Jul 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  2. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It’s good if the issue is highlighted. But like a lot of articles, it doesn’t explain the mechanism as to how having CBT and/or GET seen as safe and effective allows disability insurance companies turn down claims (saying patients need to try CBT and/or GET before they will pay) which then leads to some claimants giving up which saves insurance companies potentially a lot of money. I tried to do it in the first post in this thread:
    “How payments from insurance companies might potentially bias proponents of CBT and/or GET for ME/CFS (such as the PACE Trial investigators)”

https://www.s4me.info/threads/how-p...fs-such-as-the-pace-trial-investigators.8066/
    which includes a link to someone describing how Peter White did this to them:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    Lou B Lou, RedFox, Kalliope and 4 others like this.
  4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So, when I try the link, I find several other articles, but nothing related to the quote. Could someone direct me to the correct article? Thank you!!!
    :)

Kalliope likes this.
  5. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sean and DokaGirl like this.
  6. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kalliope likes this.