1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Curcumin attenuates collagen-induced inflammatory response through the “gut-brain axis”, 2018, Yue et al

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Andy, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Open access at https://jneuroinflammation.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12974-017-1047-7

Article based on paper from Horsetalk - https://www.horsetalk.co.nz/2018/01/07/curcumin-gut-brain-axis-inflammation/

Wonko, Barry, Indigophoton and 4 others like this.
  2. Dial It In

Dial It In Established Member (Voting Rights)

Circumin did absolutely nothing for me after several months.
    I have symptoms typical of rheumatoid arthritis, but the MRIs show no RA

Wonko, Allele, Andy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Andy . . . this is very timely. From my own experience I do think there are anti-inflammatory benefits from eating (Wildcrafted) whole root turmeric paste with black pepper.

I've been adding one tsp of paste (uncooked) to my cooked brown rice every other day and have noticed that the upper joints on my little and ring fingers are no longer inflamed since the last few months. I'm considering buying another jar.

MErmaid, Allele, TigerLilea and 3 others like this.
  4. Woolie

Woolie Senior Member

I tried curcumin at one time. One problem is that you have to eat buckets of the stuff to reach the doses that have been reported as therapeutic in the literature (1 tsp whole root turmeric paste doesn't cut it). And let's not get started about how much is actually absorbed and what form provides the best absorption.

The main thing curcumin did for me was to give me terrible diarrhea, and it actually took a while before I connected that to the tumeric. So if you do try it, watch out for this unpleasant side effect.

Trish and Andy like this.