Countryfile at 1900 on BBC1 290718 features Lyme Disease

Discussion in 'Infections: Lyme, Candida, EBV ...' started by MeSci, Jul 29, 2018.

1. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tonight's Countryfile has the following feature (if it's not changed as it is so often!):

Programme is at 1900, also shown on recording at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bdllcr

"Tom (Heap) looks at what is being done to fight lyme disease, a debilitating illness that affects up to 3,000 people a year and is often transmitted through a single bite from an infected tick."

If it's shown, I or someone will hopefully give an idea of what time the feature is shown.

Wonko and Trish like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

More from the program information:

MeSci, Cinders66 and Wonko like this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Someone contacted my sister about a BBC Radio 4 programme within the last couple of weeks ago that mentioned a 'more accurate' test for Lyme that's available in Germany, I think (and wanted my sister to mention it to me, since this friend knew that Lyme can be mistaken for ME).

Anybody know about that? I wonder if it's to do with what's being presented on Countryfile and if there's some sort of media push on this.

I was in Lyme country when I first got sick but was tested and didn't have the rash, but it's always a worry to think that a negative test could be a false negative.

EzzieD, Trish and MeSci like this.
  4. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There was something about Lyme Disease on BBC Breakfast, I think yesterday. Interviewed John Caudwell. Can't find anything on catch up I'm afraid.

5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Countryfile times on Lyme disease:
    19.05 to 19.12 - a case of a small boy with Lyme in Scotland and a young woman who was ill for several years before diagnosis.
    19.22 to 19.28 - scientific research happening in Scotland.

MeSci and Wonko like this.